Tuesday, June 6, 2017

DC 319 Beads of Courage

Laura and her family have participated in a 5K Colour Fun Run to raise money for the Beads of Courage program in Saskatchewan.  Read more on Laura's blog http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/.  Our challenge is to create a tile using Beads of Courage as a theme.

While thinking of the kids who are collecting beads for medical procedures I began thinking of how one could illustrate "courage." It's not exactly an easy task.  I thought a heart might work, but then I began thinking of all the words that courage represents.  So I decided to write these words on the beads of my tile.




The other night I woke up thinking about drawing a tile with spaghetti like lines with little red dots.  Here's the result:  


And finally, a "hinged" set of bijou tiles.





7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of mixing the words in there too. I t certainly helps focus on just what courage means at different times. I like your spaghetti too, although the "meatballs" are a bit tiny! And the bijou tiles are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And....moxie. I like moxie and I love your beads tile with the beautiful mooka in the center. I am not hungry right now so the spaghetti tile looks more like a city map to me with the dots being u-g stations. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the words added to your BEads! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first tile is so pretty and happy! I love your heartfelt thoughts and process behind it! Also love your spaghetti and red dots! Makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely idea, to write words in the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice thought to add words to your beads. Love how soft and pretty it is. Isn't it funny how we wake up with tangle ideas that we just have to do? Great spaghetti :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work! Your Diva piece is delightful 😁 I enjoy drawing noodles in my sketchbook. It's really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete