Wednesday, August 31, 2016

DC 282

This week's Diva Challenge was to use a splotch of color as the string on a tile.  The source of the splotch could be anything you desired.  I decided to go with tea, but after I dropped a bit on the paper, I felt there wasn't enough color, so I added a drop of food coloring to the wet tea.  The coloring bled out into the tea pattern's edges and I love the result.  I felt that tangling "behind" the bright color would allow it to shine.  Will definitely try this again.


I'd tried to use a white gel pen to tangle on top of the food coloring, but even though thoroughly dry, the ink just faded away, so I boosted the color by adding black micron on top of the gel pen.

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love this, great idea tangling behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this beautiful result you have become with experimenting with fluid, nice contrasts and well drawn tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The addition of the red is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color and the tangles you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is yummy! Love how the red blended into the wet tea, just as watercolors do (even when you don't want them to LOL!) Nice tangling!

    ReplyDelete