Sunday, April 3, 2016

EIM Grandmother


This week's Inchie theme is "grandmother."  I decided to include a photo of my grandma, Elvira Faye. This is her as a teenager.  Born in 1895, she traveled by covered wagon from Stuart, Nebraska to Sioux City, Iowa when she was six.  (I always love that story; it makes me feel connected to the "wild west.")  Eventually she ended up in Minnesota where much of the family still lives.  My Little Grandma, as I liked to call her, was a multi-talented woman who faced many difficulties in life.  She was (and is) much loved.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Melissa you must be very proud of your beautiful grandmother, that's some travelling she did! I have relatives on my maternal grandfathers side in Minnesota, they moved to Canada in the early 1970s then moved over the border at some stage but sure when,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I hadn't been too lazy and had found a picture of my grandmother - great picture and idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always lovely reading about peoples personal history and I love your story about such a wonderful woman, really brings to life as you say the wild West - beautiful and thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful lady and a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete