Monday, March 21, 2016

EIM Door


Every Inchie Monday's word of the week is door.  Taking photos of doors and doorways has always been a favorite subject for me ... and while we were in Ireland (mentioned in last week's post) I had many opportunities to add to my collection.

This is the doorway to Trinity College in Dublin.  The "small" opening is the actual door through which you enter, but what an entrance!  We booked rooms on campus for our first few nights of vacation.  Excellent location and such a wonderful historical site.


These steps led down into the ancient Dublin castle.  The Vikings left their mark here.

This is another door at Dublin castle.  The "heads" on either side of the doorway were both beautiful and intriguing.  I didn't discover their story/significance.

Below, are just some of the doors of homes in Dublin.  I've seen calendars of the "Doors of Dublin."  Perhaps one of these was included.








And finally, the inspiration for my inchie this week was this door in a medieval building of Kilkenny's  old town.  Don't you just wonder who all has walked through that doorway?


Have a great week!



8 comments:

  1. A wonderful selection of doors from you this week....lets go exploring!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all those pictures of doors. They are such a fascinating aspect of architecture. Your inchie is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great collection of doors - i once had a poster that displayed various doors around my city - I even have a doors and windows category on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inchie and a wonderful collection of doors. I share you love of doors and gates

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many doors. Love your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something about Dublin's doors. I couldn't stop taking photos of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love all the doors! especially the inchie one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous niche and tangle. Great photos of all the doors as well.

    ReplyDelete