Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Diva Challenge 312 Plus

Last week Laura mentioned using black gesso as a background to white gel pen.  I decided to give it a try and it is amazing!  The white doesn't get absorbed into the black.  Here are my first efforts:




This week's challenge is to drop or spill coffee, tea, or paint/color of some type on the tile and to use the result as the string.  I've found that food coloring works really well.  This time I dropped a single drop of blue on the tile, then dropped spoons of water to spread out the color.  Also used a bit of coffee and "helped" the blue travel down into the coffee.






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your trials with the black gesso! You've reminded me to pick some up when I stop at Michaels tomorrow. Fabulous food colour tile! I need to try that! Love the white Diva Dance on the blue! Very striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the black and white tiles are great, I'm going to try that :-) The Diva tile is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Melissa, the second black/white tile is gorgeous and I'm fond of your spilled tile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I must try that technique as well! Thanks for sharing. Nice tangling too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are so beautiful! I really like the second one ... the black and white contrast is great. I think I´ll get some black gesso :). Your spilled tile is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely colours and great choice tangles.

    ReplyDelete