Saturday, October 24, 2015

Diva Challenge 240


The Diva Challenge this week was Birthday Leaves (being inspired by the season and Artoo's birthday).  I always find autumn to be inspiring.  This year in New England the colors seemed to be more vibrant than ever.  Fortunately, although the color is fading quickly, there are photos to remind us of the beauty.  

I started by dipping my tile in freshly brewed tea and then adding a little red and orange watercolor while the tile was still wet.  I'd never attempted tea dying and was quite pleased with the result. 

Choosing a tangle for any project is frequently less than relaxing for me, but I finally settled on Yuma. Decided to use that single pattern as the background to my lone maple leaf.  Happy Autumn!

6 comments:

  1. A very beautiful and creative tile. Beautiful colors and I like your idea of emphasizing the maple leaf by leaving it blank. I also like the tangle pattern Yuma which I had not known before. To me, your tile is one of my favorites in this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love and love your tile!! The background is exactly right for this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten about Yuma and I really like the way you used it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I love the negative space of the leaf. Second, I love the colors. (What a brilliant idea!! Must try this!) Third, I love the swirling effect that Yuma gives.
    Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I just love your tangle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful tile. Great idea to just use the one tangle.

    ReplyDelete